Tuesday 22 April 2014

Modern Blend Challenge - A Modern Take on Village Green byThimbleberries


I confess, I am a card carrying member of the UFO Quilters.  I have "pigs" - projects in grocery bags, projects in pizza boxes and a couple more on their way in the mail!  In my quest to make a dent in these projects, I will be blogging this year to keep me honest in my quest to finish one old project for every new project I start.

Sound familiar anyone?

I just can't seem to part with any of my stash, so I'll just have to sew it all up!  My dear quilting friends know my style - anything worth doing I have to do well and some might say Over the Top.

So, down to business.

When I look back on my old quilt projects, I can't help but been amazed at the evolution of my pattern and fabric choices.  I have graduated from Thimbleberries to Jaybird Quilts and my own designs.  My stash is transforming into neutral taupes, Kona solids, polka dots and Basic Grey.

What better way to understand learning how to blend traditional quilting with modern quilting than to finish a 2010 Thimbleberries Club Lap Quilt as it was intended And take the same pattern and transform it modern.  

So, here we go!


So, here the original quilt in the "Dawn" color way.  As I progress with the blocks, I will continue to post the blocks; one block completed as intended and the other with a modern twist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment