Tuesday 9 February 2016

Rail in a Rail - It's Done


I am excited to share with you my latest pattern - Rail in a Rail!  This is not your traditional fence rail quilt.  Inset small patterned rails into larger monochromic rails and you have the "Rail in a Rail" cover quilts.  Build on your strip piecing skills create this stunning quilt.

The pattern includes the instructions to complete a square 42" baby quilt or a 72" lap quilt.  In my house all lap quilts have to be big enough to share.  The baby quilt is also the perfect size for a table topper or wall quilt.

This pattern continues my quest to bring together traditional and modern quilting genres.  In the cover quilts, I have combined traditional quilting techniques with modern colors and design.  Lets take a closer look at the cover quilts.


The teal tones of the smaller quilt highlight the design of the rails.  The colors just make me smile.  I seem to have a teal theme of late for many of my quilt works in progress.  


My son, Daley has already claimed the grey lap quilt.  In fairness, I did suggest it would look lovely on a grey toned couch.  So as he keeps reminding me, this one is destined for his home one day.

Hope you like my latest work!




No comments:

Post a Comment