Monday 5 August 2019

Dipping my toes in being retired to Quilt!


I'm excited beyond imagination!  

I have the entire month of August to "test" the waters on being "retired to quilt".  I finally can take the time to learn new techniques, test some designs and just have fun!  If my new occupation meets expectations, I'll be sure to make this a permanent occupation.

I started the month playing with color using Josef Albers plates and commentary for my monthly demo content for the next year.  

Josef Albers was a designer, artist and Yale professor.  His book the "Interaction of Color" was published in 1963 which presented his theory of color.  In the Introduction of this book, Josef described the book as a "a record of an experimental way of studying color and teaching color".  The book is now available as an iPad app.  The interaction of the book content with current technology is fascinating.  I have spent many an hour working in the app.   



Using my fabric selections, I completed selected exercises from the plates. The resulting blocks on the left are my experiments in color.  I just love the blocks.    

The three coloured blocks are destined for my Circles and More Sampler for my monthly demo at Addies Creative Fabrics in Cochrane.  

Stay tuned for my progress on this new project and my new occupation!





No comments:

Post a Comment