Saturday 30 January 2016

Early Morning in the Zone

I got up and started back to my current project - a baby quilt from a commercial pattern.  It is amazing how differently you look at a pattern after writing a few of your own.  Things like, are there good illustrations of the steps and blocks, are the illustrations in color or black and white, are there pressing instructions so all your seams nest nicely,....

I also reflected on how the last time I made this pattern that I had a friend to share some tips and tricks.  Whilst sewing can be that quiet place where we can get into the zone, there is no replacement for sewing with firiends or meeting new friends at a class in a bricks and mortor store.  

So, here is the result of efforts from the wee hours this morning.


Now I'm off to Addies, for some flange fabric.  Didn't think I needed it originally, but it is sure nice to go and get what I need rather than wait for the mail!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm...I was just opening my eyes when you finished. Looking good - love the "modern" look

    ReplyDelete